This full-time position will be responsible for creating instructional material, collaborating with teachers, preforming teacher trainings, conducting workshops and staying abreast of current trends in curriculum development for Infants to Pre-Kindergarten children for Forest Hill Academy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(include, but are not limited to)
This role will be responsible for organizing, implementing and supervising curriculum in a loving Christ- centered atmosphere where parents and teachers partner with each other to help each child surpass their respective developmental milestones and prepare for the next stage of development. This role will also develop and implement age appropriate, scripture-based curriculum that incorporates Orange Curriculum, Hoard Gardner’s multiple intelligences, STEM activities, Montessori activities, and Reggio Emilia play-based hands-on learning educate infant classroom teachers on Baby Signs, stay abreast of Common Core Standards for Kindergarten, train and coach Teachers and Assistant Teachers on how to implement the curriculum, and promote a learning environment that reflects Forest Hill Church mission, purpose and goals, childcare policies and FHC standards to ensure the program meets the highest standards of excellence.
Skills / Qualities / Knowledge Requirements:
Professional Knowledge / Competencies:
- Training and/or management experience in a child development center
- Experience working and interacting with children
- Understands the developmental levels of children ages 6 weeks to Pre-Kindergarten
- Ability to interact comfortably with children and adults
- Ability to manage and develop others
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-changing environment
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
Education / Experience Preferred Requirements:
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development with at least 5 years of childcare and staff management experience in a center or preschool setting
- Must meet licensing, education, and degree requirements established by the state of South Carolina
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Procare and other computer software programs
- Ability to stand, walk, reach, and lift up to 30 pounds frequently, reach a child 20 to 30 feet away within 30 seconds without endangering the staff person’s health crouch to a child’s height, maintain eye contact at the child’s level and sit on the floor, stand tall enough to reach children on the highest piece of equipment.