Forest Hill is a growing multi-site church in the Charlotte, NC area. The Fort Mill Campus is located in an exciting, growing community with many young families. In an effort to continue to serve our community and share the Gospel, we are launching a preschool (18 months – TK). We are looking for an experienced preschool director that can build a program from the ground up and will be responsible for all aspects of the weekday preschool full-day program at Forest Hill Church in Fort Mill.
This full-time position will be responsible for building a preschool (18 months – TK) program and will be responsible for all aspects of the preschool at Forest Hill Church in Fort Mill. This role will be responsible for managing all administrative and educational operations of the school while fostering an environment where children and parent’s experience the love of Christ.
- Manage all administrative and educational operations of the school, ensuring compliance with all state licensing and accreditation, as well as all government regulations and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the preschool meets or exceeds the requirements of the South Carolina Child Division of Child Development and Early Education (SCDCDEE), conforming to all applicable health, safety and licensing regulations
- Create and maintain a 5-star rating with the South Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education.
- Partner with Forest Hill HR Department for staffing of teachers, assistants, and substitutes, including hiring, dismissal, counseling, on-going educational training, and performance reviews.
- Oversee ongoing communications to all parents, staff and management in areas of child development, safety, and problem resolution.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or advance degree in early childhood education, child development, child psychology or related field.
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject area, 6 months experience working with children in a licensed, approved or registered child care facility.
- An associates degree in early childhood education, child development, child psychology or related field with 6 months work experience
- A diploma in child development/early childhood education or a child development associate credential (CDA), and one year experience, or
- A high school diploma or GED, and ECD 101 with 3 years’ experience, including one year supervision of child care staff.
- Must have at least Level III South Carolina Administration Credential or equivalent, and experience in accordance with the guidelines for maintaining a 5 star rating.
- At least two years of progressive childcare and staff management experience in a center or preschool setting.
- The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, strong administration and organizational skills, ability to multi-task, strong communication skills, and ability to develop and manage others.
- Technical skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint), website design and maintenance, Adobe, and online document management and file sharing environments.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to articulate vision and mission of the program to current and prospective families, staff, and the community.
- Skills to resolve conflict and emotional maturity to be an efficient supervisor of personnel and liaison to parents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to manage web content and marketing materials.
- Experience in early childhood education in a preschool setting.
Financial acumen and capability to aggressively manage budget while balancing the needs of the program and center.
- Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and assume postures at low levels to engage with children and keep them safe.
Interested candidates should submit a formal resume, three letters of reference, copy of their degree (and a statement of experience to HR@foresthill.org.