This full-time position will be responsible for providing administrative support to various supervisors and programs supported by Forest Hill Church.
Duties include fielding questions from both internal and external customers (employees, congregants, deacons and elders, council, the community) via phone, email and in person encounters. This role also includes preparing and processing documents, resource materials and providing the strategic and administrative support necessary to enable others to efficiently and effectively carry out their assigned duties.
The ideal candidate will have a strong project management skill set with the ability to work independently, manage a dynamic calendar/schedule, and effectively handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Performs duties as established to meet the organizational mission, vision, and values (DNA) of Forest Hill Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (includes but not limited to)
- Provide administrative and strategic support the Executive Director in his or her daily responsibilities and special projects that support the mission, vision and values of Forest Hill.
- Provide support for other leadership staff as needed (Senior Pastor, Campus Pastors, and Executive staff).
- Manage the daily and weekly schedule of the Executive Director, ranging from 1-on-1’s, council meetings, collaborative team meetings, and other meetings, as appropriate. This includes scheduling and coordinating appointments/meetings for various teams, team members. and supervisors.
- Manage regular communications with the Council of Elders and Assembly Elders. This includes providing support as required, coordinating with Council Chair(s), Executive Director and Senior Pastor to prepare for monthly and as-needed meetings, and maintaining documentation related to Council as needed and in accordance with the bylaws of the church.
- Serve as a resource for information, documentation and referrals regarding the various offerings of the Church to both internal and external customers via phone, fax, email and in-person. This includes performing administrative support work including processing phone, email and written correspondence
- Prepare documentation and/or reports based on Church activities
- Manage special projects and events, from planning to execution and evaluation. This includes overseeing all aspects of event management and production from content and programming, design, vendor management, logistics, invitations, promotions, and communications. Special projects and events include, but are not limited to the Wells Fargo tournament, Christmas Dinner/Staff Appreciation Events, and other special partnerships, events, and projects that take place at the Forest Hill South Park campus.
- In collaboration with others, effectively manage the coordination of weekly staff prayer, ranging from weekly speakers and worship to special staff prayer events, as needed (benefits fair, monthly staff breakfast, special external speakers/guests).
- Minimum of five (5) + years of progressive responsibility/experience in an assistant or support role.
- Associate’s degree in business, event planning, communications or a related field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency with MacBook products and Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc. Proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks. Able to manage multiple competing priorities in a high paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent organization, detail oriented, multi-tasking, time management/planning skills.
- Ability to interface and relationally interact with all levels of executive leadership, council, and staff.
- Self-motived; The duties of this position are often driven by deadlines. Therefore, the ability to prioritize workflow, juggle multiple projects at once and change directions in mid-project is essential.
- Discernment in decision-making; ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle details and resolve problems, following directions and executing tasks with little to no oversight.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to HR@foresthill.org.