Location: Central (SouthPark)
This position will be responsible for learning and performing various responsibilities within the Finance Team. This includes helping to oversee contributions to the church, developing reports, collaborating and building relationships with teams, and modeling a stewardship mindset that serves as an example to other staff members in the highest and best use of church resources. Performs duties as established to meet the organizational mission, vision, and values (DNA) of Forest Hill Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and build good relationships with teams in regards to their budgets and how they spend money.
- Help teams stay within their budgets and help them meet their stated goals.
- Attend some Finance Committee meetings and build relationships with committee members.
- Help build trust in Forest Hill’s financial processes by making sure controls are being followed.
- Help ensure gifts are properly recorded and donors are cared for.
- Look for ways to help us get better and stronger in the financial area, particularly in the areas of contributions and revenue.
- Help close each month’s financial activity, including preparing journal entries and investigating any discrepancies found.
- Help our church utilize financial technology platforms effectively.
- Help ensure expense reports are accurate and useful, so our teams can make better decisions.
- Help us make the most of the tax refunds offered by our state.
- Occasionally assist in financial counseling for church attendees.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in accounting functions, regulations, and related software.
- Basic public speaking abilities both in presentation and discussion facilitation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective evaluation and prioritization of tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Effective collaboration with other teams and individuals is considered vital to the position.
- An understanding and appreciation of the importance of good stewardship and its related theology.
- The duties of this position are often driven by deadlines. The ability to prioritize workflow, juggle multiple projects at once and change directions in mid-project is essential.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to HR@foresthill.org.