What We Believe
Stand On the Essentials
At Forest Hill, here’s a summary of what we believe:
- The Bible is God’s Word to us. All Scripture is self-attesting and true, so we must follow and believe it in all areas of life.
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The three are coequal and are one God.
- Jesus is the Son of God. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary – God who became man to die on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins. Three days later, He rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven where He is now our High Priest and Mediator.
- The Holy Spirit lives in each Christian from the moment of salvation. He makes us aware of our need for Christ and draws us close to Him. Living in our hearts, He gives us new life, understanding of spiritual truth and guidance as we seek to do what’s right and live under His control.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. Our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. Those who put their faith alone in Christ for Salvation are children of God and heirs of eternal life.
- The Bible, Communion, Baptism and community are integral parts of the church. The true church finds expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity, the sacraments — communion and baptism — are administered in their integrity, scriptural discipline is practiced and loving fellowship is maintained.
- He is coming back. Jesus Christ will come again to earth to judge the living and the dead.
- It’s a priority to tell other people about the transforming power of Christ. We are commanded, as believers, to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and make disciples who make disciples.
To download our Essentials of Faith, click here
Email us and we’d love to talk further about what we believe.